Following a disappointing increase in recent incidents of damage to bridges, Transport Scotland have requested the assistance of the HTA in promoting good practice.
Striking a bridge with your vehicle has SERIOUS consequences!
At best, damage to your vehicle and loss of earnings - at worst, cause INJURY or DEATH.
CHECK IT: PLAN IT: DO IT!
- Your vehicle height; width; and weight
- Remember to include trailers and loaded materials
- If your vehicle is higher than 5m/16’6" plan your route with great care
- Plan your route to avoid low bridges in Scotland - 0800 028 1414
- Do not rely upon SAT NAV – it may not hold accurate bridge height information
Always display the height of your vehicle in the cab as a reminder; this is the law if your vehicle is higher than 3m/10 feet.
Always obey the height signs on bridges
Don’t risk wasting a life, your job, your vehicle or getting a jail sentence.
If in doubt – CHECK IT OUT!